Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Dolls for my local PTO

Being a mommy means you can join your local PTO if you so desire. Belonging to your local PTO means you now have a place to make cute stuff for. This year I have been on a quest to clean out my craft room before I buy any more craft supplies. Yeah, yeah, yeah, laugh if you want to!!!






I found this super cute pattern online one day for making a one piece doll. I made a few and then decided to make some in my son's school colors. I took 5 of the dolls to my local PTO and asked them if they would like me to make more. The answer was an enthusiastic, "Yes!!!"






Here are 10 of the little dolls. They measure about 9 inches tall and are made entirely of my scrap yarns that were just sitting in tubs in my basement.


The school colors, red and blue, are in the sweater and hair of the doll. The rest of the doll, my 4 year old helped me pick out the colors for.


They work up quick and kids love them :-)







No comments: