Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Turning Twenty Quilt nautical theme

Here's one of my quilts. I made this for my cousin as a Confirmation gift. After I interrogated her about what it was she truly wanted or needed, I came up with the idea of making her a bed set. I go to a quilt shop close to my home where they have drop in sewing classes. I've learned a lot since going there. One day I saw a Turning Twenty quilt that someone had made. I thought it was so beautiful that I bought the pattern. Since then I have made a duvet cover and most recently this quilt. I used 16 Fat quarters and I put a large border all the way around it. Which you can't see in this picture, but trust me, it came out Super Cute!!! I also made matching pillow cases, because I had left over minky fabric. I wasn't about to waste that wonderful stuff. The Turning Twenty pattern is copyrighted, so I can't post it on here. But if you wish to buy it, here's a website for it: http://www.friendfolks.com/

Happy Crafting,




Onelia

No comments: