Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Monkey Growth Chart Quilt

This is my first charity quilt for this year. It was a very simple design. I feel more drawn to simple craft projects.



You'll have to tilt your head to the left, but I think you get the general idea that it's just a fabric panel with a coordinating fabric around it.




The backing fabric is flannel.

The panel was one that I had purchased a few years ago. Since, I wasn't using it for anything productive, I decided to make it into a small quilt.

The finished size of my donation quilt was 45 inches by 60 inches.

The organization it was donated to was Project Gabriel.

The fabric surrounding the panel, the backing fabric and the binding fabric were all donated to me by people who heard of my crafty philanthropy. My local quilt shop spreads the word about my efforts and people clean out their stash. Then I get to take all those scraps and have fun.

The local quilt shop that helps me out soooooo much is Schrader's Fabrics by Barb.

Without the help of the ladies at the quilt shop, constantly cleaning out their fabric stash, I would not be able to do what I do.

If you want to help support my project, hop on over to my Etsy shop, Nelly's Quilt Room

Stay tuned for more crafty wonderfulness :-)



No comments: